Friday, July 25, 2014

Doctors, Referrals, and Weight Loss for the Super Morbidly Obese

I don't want to be called super morbidly obese. Super usually implies awesome, but the title just means that I'm pretty darned awesome at being fat. People can look at me and tell that I've got a lot of skill in that area. Super life-threateningly fat. Yeah, that sounds awesome, doesn't it? I think that I'll call myself a SMOball. That way, I could say that I have a SMOball's chance in a gym. And, on the days that I look like Grimace (remember the old McDonald's commercials?), I can say that I'm an upside down SMO Cone.

The doc's appointment went well enough, though. I lost two pounds from yesterday, primarily because I only had 20 grams of carbs throughout the entire day. Lots of wings, cauliflower, cheese, peanuts, and salmon. Of course, according to the doc, it's all because I've been using the water pill to hold the water at bay. So, the now 48 pounds that I've lost was all water weight. Bastard.

If I've lost 100 pounds by the beginning of the year, I told my guy that I'm writing a book about it. If this keeps going the way that it is, I'll have to start working on the book in another three months. Oooh oooh! A Nanowrimo project! :) It's not fiction, but it does give me a publicly sanctioned way to spew a lot of junk into a Word file. I'll have to come up with a name for it or something, too.

I've got to set up an appointment with an ear, nose, and throat doctor to deal with the sleep apnea. I'm not looking forward to it, but through all accounts it's one of the best tings that the doc can do for me. It's another method of weight loss, because the water won't have a chance to collect in my limbs. The trade off is that I'll have to wear something over my face while I'm sleeping - not an excitement for me.

So, yeah, that happened. I'm a SMOball now.

No comments:

Post a Comment