Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I am so lazy, it's scary.

I joined a FB group called 'losing weight, it's so hard.' I don't know what I was expecting when I joined. There are a lot of tips, tricks, and hints about losing weight. Everyone in the open group has an opportunity to speak about the techniques that they have been using to drop the pounds. One person climbs stairs three times a week, another goes walking around their apartment complex for half an hour to forty-five minutes, and still another does exercises while she's doing other things.

After reading these incredible tales of triumph, I realize that I am a lazy, lazy person. I'm not doing any of that. I'm not scampering up stairs. I'm not walking around with my guy. I'm not even multicising. I'm losing weight, though. I'll find out in a couple of days how much weight I've lost from 417.2. I weighed 375 the last time I was checked, and that was on the 7th. A loss of 42 pounds in 2 months isn't bad, especially considering that one of those months was spent in the hospital.

I'm doing 3 things.

1. Keeping my daily carb count between 75-125
2. Standing for 20+ minutes a day
3. Taking Lasix for the edema

I figure that if I did more, I would lose more or be toned or something, but there's a secret part of me that wants to see how long I can take this. If the trend is actually continuing of losing 5 pounds a week, I should have lost around 10 more pounds when I get to the doc on Thursday. Since it's going to be a different scale, there's no telling what it will say - probably that I gained the weight of a cow in the process.

I'm definitely looking forward to the doc's appointment on Thursday. I'll see what the doc wants to do about the pelvic lesion. I'm really hoping that he'll have a great solution that involves confetti.



No comments:

Post a Comment